Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Dance

The Bountiful Christmas (or I guess we have to call it Winter now) Dance was held this last Saturday at the University of Utah Ballroom. As this was girl's choice, I was asked by a beautiful girl named Jesse Noakes. I was initially tempted to decline, as he had some reservations to being in the midst of such depravity at the dance (get it? it was at the U.) I decided though to say yes.


She asked him by putting a poster on our door with the mastercard bit about "a date with your friend to the Christmas Dance.. priceless." And put a large pile of candy on the door. We attempted to open the candy hurriedly, until my mother noticed with such alarm, letters written on the sides of the candy. Thus, as a witty answer, I froze a paper inside a large block of ice, set it on her door tied with a bow, and put a paper saying "My answer is Priceless" with the Pr crossed out, saying "my answer is iceless." I know, don't laugh too hard.

The dance began with my mother taking pictures, much to the little ones delight. Girum mauled Jesse, and Audrey, well you can imagine. Overall though, the pictures at home went well, and both my date's corsage and my boutonnière were excellently hand-crafted.

We left eventually to dinner of gourmet pizza, driving through a massive blizard. The dinner was served, and might I say it was delicious. My date was wearing a magnificent pink and black dress. I thus matched the color scheme with a pink shirt and black tie. I was quite pleased as well as two of my best friends were in my group, Spencer Schmidt (son of piano legend Jon Schmidt haha) and Colby Jones (son of legendary pharmaceutical rep. Tim Jones.) Spencer is in white, and Colby is the short blonde.




The dance was quite fun, being held at the SNOT (School North Of Town) ballroom. The DJ was great, and the pictures went off flawlessly. The dance concluded with us going and watching the Dark Knight at my friend Kim Tran's house. A very good evening concluded with one of the best, if not the best, movie in Hollywood's glamorous career of fine cinematography.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey you dont know me but that small short kid named colby jones used to be my best friend when he lived in washington...and man i hope you know how i feel....hear is my eamil jaredw555@gmail.com
you have no ide how i feel right now it is like i have.....Found something that i have lost forever.. But now is found......IM SO HAPPY AHHHHHHHH

Frasier Family said...

how did you find our blog?

Unknown said...

I was just cheking my email and i tought of him and was like...
"Mabe if i think like jason borne i might find him"
just kiding. i called him like 6 months ago and it was his 16 birth day and now that it is the holidays i was thinking of him and my friends.....And the rest is history

chelsea mckell said...

Wyatt – are you really friends with Jon Schmidt’s son?! That’s so cool – I’m a huge Jon Schmidt fan.
Very creative answer – I’m sure she had fun melting that ice block.
Gotta tell ya – you inherited your mom’s writing abilities. Seriously – very entertainingly written.

Frasier Family said...

I am sure she did have fun melting the ice block but when she did melt it the paper that said "yes" had been ruined by the water and the ink had smerred so she could not read it